Hazelnut Waffles with Warm Boysenberry Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs separated
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts finely chopped
- 1 (10 oz.) jar Dickinson's® Pure Seedless Boysenberry Preserves
- or 1 (10 oz.) jar Dickinson's® Purely Fruit® Seedless Boysenberry Spreadable Fruit
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- Whipped cream
- HEAT waffle iron. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl. Make a well in center. Beat egg yolks and milk slightly in small bowl. Pour egg mixture and melted butter into well. Stir only until all ingredients are mixed.
- BEAT egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter along with hazelnuts. Pour batter on waffle iron. Bake 4 to 5 minutes, or until crispy and browned.
- MIX preserves and juice in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until warmed. Serve with waffles. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings