Apple Butter Cardamom Cheesecake
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15 oz. package) softened as directed on package
- 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 apples peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 (9 oz.) jar Dickinson's® Country Apple Butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons diced crystallized ginger
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch springform pan with pie crust. Beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy and smooth. Add sugar and continue beating on low speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time while beating. Stir in extract. Pour filling into crust.
- BAKE 45 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely before removing from the pan.
- MELT butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add apples and saute until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add apple butter, cardamom and pecans. Continue cooking an additional 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- ARRANGE apples on top of cheesecake. Garnish with whipped cream and ginger. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, until serving time.
- QUICK AND EASY METHOD
- MAKE Apple Cardamon topping as directed and arrange on top of store-bought cheesecake. Garnish with whipped cream and ginger.
Yield: 16 servings