Banana Split Shortcakes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter frozen and grated
- 2 large eggs one beaten
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (10 oz.) jar Dickinson's® Banana Curd
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup crushed pineapple drained
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Chocolate Flavored Syrup
- Frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Sift together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add butter and stir to mix. Add 1 egg and half-and-half. Stir until just moistened.
- TURN dough out onto floured surface. Knead a few times. Roll out to 3/4-inch thick. Cut out 9 pieces, using fluted cutter. Place pieces on prepared baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- BEAT whipping cream in large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold in banana curd.
- SPLIT each shortcake in half. For each serving, spoon 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup on serving plate; top with bottom half of shortcake. Spread bottom half of shortcake generously with curd mixture. Top curd mixture with strawberries, bananas and pineapple. Top with other half of shortcake. Garnish with whipped topping, if desired, and chopped almonds. Serve immediately.
- For an extra special touch, use a pastry bag to pipe on the whipped topping.
Yield: 9 servings