Chocolate Cherry Dessert
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Chocolate Flavored Syrup divided
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1 (18.25 oz.) box Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Chocolate Premium Cake Mix prepared according to package directions in fluted tube pan
- or 1 (18.25 oz.) box Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Dark Chocolate Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- or 1 (18.25 oz.) box Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 (10 oz.) jar DICKINSON’S® Pure Black Sweet Cherry Preserves
- Fresh cherries
- BLEND cheese, sugar and 1/2 of syrup until creamy. Fold in whipped topping.
- CUT cake in half horizontally. Spread bottom layer with preserves and top with 1/2 of whipped mixture. Put layers together and spread top of cake with remaining whipped mixture. Drizzle with remaining syrup. Garnish with fresh cherries, if desired.
Yield: 12 servings