Coconut Cream Trifle
- 1 (6 oz.) box raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups fresh raspberries plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 12 ladyfinger cookies
- 3 cups heavy cream divided
- 1 (10 oz.) jar Dickinson's® Coconut Curd
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut toasted*
- PREPARE gelatin as directed and pour into a 2-quart trifle bowl. Add raspberries. Place in refrigerator to set completely, about 4 hours.
- ADD orange juice to baking dish. Soak ladyfingers in orange juice. Coat both sides until saturated but still firm. Lay a roll of ladyfingers over top of set gelatin.
- BEAT 2 cups cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold in coconut curd. Spread mixture over ladyfingers. Top with second roll of ladyfingers. Beat remaining cream until stiff. Spread over ladyfingers. Top with toasted coconut and garnish with raspberries.
- *To toast coconut, spread coconut on microwave-safe pan. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes, tossing with a fork after each minute. Remove from pan immediately to prevent overbrowning.
Yield: 8 to 12 servings