Cranberry Bread Stuffing with Lemon Sauce
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 12 mini pumpkins cleaned out
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 (9.6 oz.) jar Dickinson's® Cranberry Relish
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup pecans toasted and chopped*
- 1 (16 oz.) raisin bread loaf cut into 1-inch cubes
- LEMON-VANILLA SAUCE
- 1 (10 oz.) jar Dickinson's® Lemon Curd
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 4 tablespoons half-and-half
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet or baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Brush inside of pumpkin shells with 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- WHISK together first six stuffing ingredients. Fold in bread cubes. Spoon bread mixture into pumpkins. Place pumpkins on cookie sheet. Bake 25 minutes.
- WHISK curd and yogurt together in small microwave-safe bowl. Add half-and-half and stir. Microwave 1 to 2 minutes until just heated. Serve stuffed pumpkins with warmed sauce.
- For less sweet taste, serve stuffed pumpkins without sauce.
- To toast pecans: Place pecans in dry nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned. Remove from pan immediately to avoid over-browning.
Yield: 12 servings