Lemony White Chocolate Cake
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Lemon Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- Additional ingredients to prepare cake mix per package directions
- 1 cup white baking chips melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar Dickinson's® Lemon Curd
- White chocolate curls and lemon slices, for garnish
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Dust with flour.
- PREPARE cake batter according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Blend in cooled baking chips and lemon peel. Divide evenly into prepared pans. Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- BLEND whipped topping and lemon curd in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until evenly blended. Place one cake layer on serving plate, rounded side down. Spread with half of lemon curd mixture. Top with remaining cake layer, rounded side up. Spread with remaining lemon curd mixture. Sprinkle with chocolate curls and garnish with lemon, if desired. Chill until ready to serve.
- To substitute Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix, prepare as instructed, but add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to cake batter.
Yield: 16 servings