- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (18.25 oz.) box Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Chocolate Premium Cake Mix
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (4-serving size) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (10 oz.) jar Dickinson's® Vanilla Curd
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 2 baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- MIX cake ingredients in large bowl until moistened. Blend on medium with electric mixer 2 minutes. Drop batter by 2 to 3 tablespoon increments (2 inches apart) onto baking sheets. Use back of spoon to smooth batter into circles. Bake 15 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- MIX cream and powdered sugar in bowl. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in vanilla curd. Generously spread filling onto flat side of baked cakes. Put halves together, pressing gently.
- SERVING IDEAS: Wrap in plastic and freeze for a great cool treat! Experiment with different cake mix flavors or curd flavors for the filling. Enjoy the above filling in chocolate dessert shells or pastry cups.
Yield: 15 to 20 pies