Barbecue Pork Sandwiches
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder Boston roast trimmed
- 1 (10 oz.) jar Dickinson's® Pure Patterson Apricot Preserves
- 3/4 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1/3 cup water
- PLACE pork in slow cooker. Stir together preserves, barbecue sauce, garlic salt, chili powder, salt and pepper, pour over roast.
- COOK 8 to 9 hours on LOW or until meat is tender. Add peppers during final 30 minutes of cooking. Shred meat with forks. Mix cornstarch with water. Blend into meat and heat until sauce thickens. Serve on split rolls.
- For Barbecue Beef Sandwiches substitute boneless beef chuck roast for pork.
- For a peppery twist, substitute Dickinson's Hot or Mild Pepper Spread for the preserves.
Yield: 8 servings